Thursday, April 24, 2008

Vacation!


We just got back from a week in sunny Florida. I'm glad we got to soak up a little vitamin D because when we returned to Seattle we were welcomed by snow. Yes, snow in April. How I love the Northwest!


In any case, while in the sunshine state I managed to sneak in a little bit of Stringbeans business and drove to Miami to attend Material World. My aim was to source a fabric supplier who would be willing to work with a startup business. I spent the first hour wandering in a daze. It seems that with every step I take in this business I realize how little I know! Once I got over the shell-shock, though, I was able to gather a few business cards and I actually attended a couple of workshops. Next steps - hire a patternmaker and a sewing contractor. But that's a post for another day.

No comments: